Just another WordPress.com site
This morning as I was sitting in traffic court, a man was cited with jaywalking and the citation? $195, since he did not pay it the price went up to $525 we were all abhorred.
Do you realize I think the best dressed , pulled together outfits are seen as the Marin Civic Center Court. A woman full of enthusiasm came up to me and said “ I love your outfit , “ You go girl!”. That was the most fashion enthusiasm I had experienced in Marin in the oddest of places.
This got my thinking as I left court was eating my breakfast at the corner deli; I noticed a car waiting out front. Nothing out of the ordinary – right? Wrong! In the next few seconds the driver of the car was lashing out on the transportation cop woman (sorry, but I do not know what those people are called). Apparently, the woman was just waiting for her husband to grab some sandwiches in the deli for their afternoon picnic.
The man took it all in stride, and made a joke and stated” whatever, I’ll assume I’m making a contribution to the state.” Jokingly as he walked off and got into the car.
This got me thinking, if the roads are patrolled in our neighborhood so diligently; I have an idea they should start to give out citations in other areas of the hood. For example pedestrians should have some rights on Chestnut Street, look at those enormous baby strollers that go up and down Chestnut Street every single day. Baby strollers could have VIN numbers imprinted on the handlebars. There would be citations cited for: impassable walkway (which would be the number 1 misdemeanor) pushing your child head first into a 4 way cross walk and failure to park at a 45 degree angle in front of retailers, so that we can again get around them and not kill ourselves.
Ok so you must be wondering where the fashion ties in is? Well then I thought, and I joke around about this when I lecture, but wouldn’t it be great if we were now making up for our states bankruptcy we could start to hand out “Fashion Citations”, as the Marina is filled with these fashion faux pauxs.
Here is what my dream list of Fashion Citations would look like:
– Failure to show personality through dress
– Cheap knock off bag
– Wearing Lu lemon to dinner- (hello this is an exercise outfit!)
– Dressing like your friend- male or female
– Failure to show femininity
– Wearing flip flops with any tailored piece of clothing (for men and women)
– Wearing old pilled polar fleece out anywhere
– Failure to bring a gym bag to the gym, so you can change after all, that is why the fashion industry made them!
– Not having a stylish hair cut
– Putting your hair up in a banana clip and going out to a bar with it!
– Wearing jeans out more than 3 times in a row on a date with the same person
– Men all wearing the same striped Banana Republic shirt with it of course hanging out
– Wearing Rock and Republic jeans – they are so over! For both men and women
Well the list could go on and on depending on which city you live in, these are in response to the Blondesville area of San Francisco , I’d love to hear some of your ideas regarding fashion citations- Please respond! -Jill